Monday, June 18, 2007

Keep On Praying

On Monday’s I enjoy making my request known to God. This helps me to have an excitement about the weekdays ahead. My faith is active with an expectation that something, somehow will be answered, hopefully this week.

Matthew 7:7-8 "Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks.

Sometimes when I read this it seems too easy. Does God really mean that all I have to do is ask? That’s the way I understand it. I know somebody would like to teach us that we need to make this harder but I like to keep it simple. I dare you. Sit down and make a list of the things you would like to ask God for. Keep it real; don’t ask for a new yacht but start asking.

I’m on vacation this week at Sunset Beach, but I’m still praying. Fortunately prayer doesn’t have to be too hard. I can do it while vacationing. God is good.

No comments: