Monday, July 9, 2007

Part 3: The Tide is Turning

Back from vacation… I look forward to writing again.

Part 3: The Tide is Turning

There are a few things man will never be able change. One of these being the tides that come in and go out. Yes, we may change the landscapes and put up reefs but the tides will always continue to roll in and out based on God’s command. I know in my life, I have tried to hurry God into changing my situations. I have tried begging, pleading, and even bargaining with God but I did not have success. There are some times in my life that God’s timing simply isn’t my timing. Tides move on God’s timing and the situations and events also move on God’s timing. Are you in a situation that you expected a breakthrough to come quicker? Most of us have been there or will be there again. I have some good news about God’s timing. God is never too late!

In Luke 8: 40, there is a story of a man named Jairus whose daughter was on her deathbed. He came to Jesus and begged Him to come to his home and heal his daughter. The Bible says, as Jesus was on his way to Jairus’ home, he became surrounded by people seeking help and healing. While Jesus was helping others, tragedy had struck Jarius’ daughter before He could get to his home. All of the family perceived that Jesus was too late because she appeared to be dead. But it is never too late with God. Jesus told them she wasn’t dead, just sleeping. Jesus commanded her to arise and He breathed new life into her again.

Do you feel like it is too late for the situation to turn around in your life? Do feel like you are just about dead? Are you crushed under the pressures of your situation? Do not give up. God is on the way. His timing may seem to be late but it is not. Jesus told the family to not be afraid and believe! It’s time for you to put down your worrying and believe.

The word that God has been giving me is that the tides are turning. I think what God is saying is that the issues of pain are nearly over. This is God’s timing to turn things around. Don’t give up in these last hours. Stay strong and believe! I believe the timing is coming for God to breathe new life into your situation. I believe it. Do you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If christians believe in heaven and hell, then why would Jesus say that she isn't dead that she is only sleeping. If she was a good jew she would have gone staight to heaven, which Jesus could have told them so they would have been comforted. Why bring a soul back from heaven, if that is our goal? Does this story not confirm that we don't go straight to heaven or hell after death? Jesus could have used this situation to explain where our souls go, instead of using the term sleeping and the writer affirming by saying "not dead". I'm sorry for this tangent, but, I would like your comment on this.