Friday, July 20, 2007

Yard Sale

Tomorrow morning we are embarking on a yard sale. It’s time to get rid of our stuff. Hopefully someone will think our stuff is the stuff they want. The beauty of the yard sale is much greater than the thrill of making a few dollars. The real beauty is the fact that we are de-cluttering our space. God has been speaking to us about getting our house in order. Getting rid of stuff fits right in line with this.

Let’s get practical. What’s in it for us? What is the benefit from getting organized and getting everything in order?

First, peace.

1 Corinthians 14:33 “God is not a God of disorder but of peace.” NLT

Getting our house in order is one of the steps to gaining peace in our lives. Personally, I think peace is one of the greatest prized possessions that I can have. Obviously, there isn’t going to be any peace without a relationship with God but my next step is to get my life in order. Try this for yourself. Go organize something like your desk or clean out a closet or even just one drawer in your room. I bet you will instantly feel a sense of peace.

Ask God what needs to be brought in order in your life. I bet He’ll point out something for you. I’m off to rest, yard sales begin early.

No comments: