Friday, July 27, 2007

Keeping My Joy

I love to hang out with friends on a beautiful summer evening. Last night we had some friends over for dinner and we laughed and talked all evening. I went to bed with a smile and an overall sense of happiness from spending time with these friends. But without a fair warning, this morning arrived with stress that quickly robbed my fun. We encountered some problems at our business that caused me to greatly stress. I know we should count it all joy when we fall into various trials, but today I think the enemy came to steal my joy. He will not get it but he is trying.

John 10:10 “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (NKJV)

As I solve the business problems this morning, I’m left with a choice. Will I focus on what the enemy wants to take from me or will or focus on what Jesus wants to give to me?

Here is my prayer and if you are dealing with an attack from the enemy then pray with me.

“Father, in the name of Jesus, I come boldly to Your throne of grace and present my situation to you. I ask for your strength and wisdom for direction to make wise choices in order to solve the problems. Father, You say that whatever I bind on earth is bound in heaven, and whatever I loose on earth is loosed in heaven. Therefore, I bind the works of the enemy and all of his plans to steal and destroy your purposes in me today. Thank you, Father that Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. And for me, I receive peace and joy because I am a child of God.”

If you prayed this prayer today, then I am in agreement with you that you can live in joy today. God is good!!!

No comments: