Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lucky or Good

I heard a story the other day about a golfer named Gary Player. I may have a few of the details messed up but the point is still good. The story goes like this. Gary Player is a professional golfer who was smaller than the other elite golfers but he was able to compete and win against the other players. One day he hit a hole in one and the reporter said to Gary, " boy that was a lucky shot." Gary said back to him, "It seems like the harder I practice the luckier I get."

Gary was able to beat his competition because he worked hard and tirelessly practiced to become his best. He was an excellent golfer. People who are excellent tend to be in the right place at the right time, they tend to see opportunities, they make the contacts and so on.

Is it lucky or good? I think it is good effort, being your best, living with excellence and doing it all to glorify God. People who live like this will gravitate to the top.

Colossians 3:23 "whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men." (NKJV)

The verse says to do what you are going to do, heartily. In other words, whatever it is you are going to do, as long as it glorifies God then do it with excellence. Put your heart into it.

If you and I will do this then we might hear people say, "You're really lucky, good things just seem to come your way." Inside, you will know it wasn't luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.