Friday, October 19, 2007

Sickness Stinks

At church I have been preaching about a Greek word "Soozoo." Soozoo means salvation from sin, sickness, destruction and bondages.

Matthew 1:21She will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save (soozoo) his people from their sins."

What a wonderful God we serve. All right, I have been preaching that as Christians we have been given so much, including supernatural healing of our bodies. Everyone has been excited as we have been praying for people to be healed but wait… this week I get sick! Sickness stinks! I haven’t been sick for over 10 or 15 years and now I am laid out on a couch for four days. I went to the doctor and he told me it wasn’t anything major. I began reminding God of my sermon and asking for Him to heal me. Well four days later I’m still sick. So what’s the deal?
  1. First of all, we live in a fallen world and in a fallen world it includes sickness.
  2. The fact is, I am getting better and as the doctor said, “No major stuff is wrong with me.” That’s a God thing!
  3. God is still God regardless of how He chooses to heal me. I will continually believe that He is the one that gives me health.
  4. The enemy wants to discourage me from a timely message. It won’t work. I will press on in faith!

Do you feel like your prayers are not getting answered? Here is a key worth remembering. Don’t give up! Persevere, press on, and keep the faith.

In closing, I would appreciate your prayers tonight. My healing is on the way.

No comments: