Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Waiting on God's Wisdom

In a fast passed world, waiting isn’t our strongest trait. But I’m learning. At our church or any church for that matter, decisions and choices come by the minute, some small and some more significant. One of the more significant decisions for us is going to be relocating our church to a new building. The good news is we are outgrowing our current facility. My first response is to fly right into action, after all the sign of a good leader is the “get ‘r done” attitude. Here is what God led me to today.

Acts 1:4 "Do not leave Jerusalem until the Father sends you what he promised. NLT

I felt God speaking to me concerning our church. He said, “Don’t leave until I send you.” This verse was speaking about the promise of the Father, The Holy Spirit. But I felt like it was speaking to me about waiting until I had His wisdom for the next step in His plan for us. The disciples knew how to wait… they gathered together and prayed.

My prayer, “God I will wait for your wisdom.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!..:)

Tim Blevins said...

Keep praying Sue. I know you are an awesome prayer warrior!

Unknown said...

That's a good verse. To me it says that God is providing something for us but if we leave too quickly, we will not have God's best.

What He is preparing takes a little patience, a little waiting, and some faith. Will be praying for God's leading in this area and for strength to "sit and watch what God will do."

May His peace always be with you.