Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Faithfulness

What does faithfulness mean to you? In a marriage it certainly means purity but it means more than that. It means arriving home when you said you would. It means taking responsibility for helping with household duties and being active in the life of your children. It means setting a spiritual tone for your family. Faithfulness means "you can count on me to do the right thing for you and I will do it all with a great attitude because I love you."

2 Timothy 2:1-3You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. NKJV

In church leadership we should seek out faithful men and women to help with ministry. The key is to find faithful people. Faithfulness in church leadership isn't quite as committal as in a marriage but there are some similarities in the attitude concerning serving. In order to be faithful in church leadership we must carry the same attitude which is "you can count on me to do the right thing for this church and I will do it with a great attitude because I love the Lord."

Challenge yourself today to become faithful.