Thursday, August 23, 2007

If I were the devil, this is how I would attack God's people. Part 4

The Bible teaches about Spiritual warfare.



Ephesians 6:10-12 Be strong with the Lord's mighty power. 11 Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies and tricks of the Devil. 12 For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms.



A few weeks back at Life Community Church, I taught on spiritual warfare by looking at how the enemy is attacking God’s people. My sermon title was, “If I were the devil, this is how I would attack God’s people.” I listed several ways I would attack God’s people. I had several people request copies of the ways, so I thought I would simply put them on my blog and hopefully get feedback.



The fourth way I would attack God's people.

4. If I were the devil, I would get bright, young people to go off to college and learn humanistic views that appear to discredit the Bible. I would convince them that right and wrong are only wrong if you think it is wrong. I would make sex, alcohol and drugs very accessible, especially now that they are out from under a protective covering of family. Then I would convince them that church doesn’t relate to them anymore. And If I were the devil, I would know that when I have conquered this generation then I will soon be in control of business, schools, government, civic leadership positions and even more scary church leadership. If I were the devil I would be very proud of what I have accomplished so far in this area.

No comments: