Monday, August 13, 2007

If I were the devil, this is how I would attack God's people. Part 3

The Bible teaches about Spiritual warfare.

Ephesians 6:10-12 Be strong with the Lord's mighty power. 11 Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies and tricks of the Devil. 12 For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms.

This week at Life Community Church, I taught on spiritual warfare by looking at how the enemy is attacking God’s people. My sermon title was, “If I were the devil, this is how I would attack God’s people.” I listed seven ways I would attack God’s people. I had several people request copies of the seven ways, so I thought I would simply put them on my blog and hopefully get feedback.

The third way I would attack God's people.

3. If I were the devil I would bring offense and hurt from church leaders and cause people to lose the value and their respect for the local church. I would tell people that they can be a thriving Christian without meeting together with other believers. I would show them many outstanding Christian books that they could read; many great sermons online and maybe introduce them to a few other people who are sick of organized church. In a nutshell, if I were the devil, I would spread a new spirit of independence, which is a nice word for rebellion, against God’s bride, the local church.

No comments: