Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy Birthday

My son just celebrated his 14th birthday. Happy Birthday son. I feel much older! My son never asks for much but he did let me know of one gift he would like to have. As a dad, I was determined to get him this gift. It wasn’t a great price but even if it were I would try my best to get it for him. (Please don’t write me about telling my children no and all that jazz.) The fact is, I really enjoy blessing my kids. When they ask for stuff, I seriously consider it. With this thought in mind, read this verse.

Luke 11:9-139 "And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks. 11 "You fathers — if your children ask for a fish, do you give them a snake instead? 12 Or if they ask for an egg, do you give them a scorpion? Of course not! 13 If you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him?"

The most excellent gift we can ask God for is the Holy Spirit. Why?

1. It is the Spirit who gives life. (John 6:33)
2. The Holy Spirit is our counselor/helper. (John 14:16,26)
3. You will receive His power for spreading the good news. (Acts 1:8)
4. Reveals the deep things of God (1 Cor. 2: 10-12)
5. The giver of Spiritual gifts (1 Cor. 12: 4-27)
6. Develops within the believer great character. (Gal. 5: 22-23)
7. Frees us from bondages (2 Cor. 3:17)

If you are not a believer then ask God to send His Holy Spirit to give you a new life (See #1). If you are a believer than ask the Holy Spirit to come and refresh you, guide you, empower you, reveal to you, give you special Spiritual gifts, develop character and free you. God will do it! Why don’t you getin2life today!

1 comment:

Timothy R. Heistand said...

Great Post!!!
I agree whole heartedly that God as our father, also wants the best for us. I think it is important to learn to trust and view God as our father! You ROCK!!

Oh.... and Happy Birthday Eli!!